Oisín McGann works full time as an author and illustrator. He has written and illustrated numerous books for young children, including the Mad Grandad series and The Forbidden Files series. He has also published eleven novels.
DURATION: 6 weeks
Start Date: February 6, 2018
Places are strictly limited to 12 – early booking advisable.
This online writing for children course is suitable for adults who would like to write books for children or young adults. Each module will contain short exercises and Oisin will provide feedback on those exercises.
Each module will have four elements: Writing Stages, Story Elements, Reading Levels, Exercises. Each week, one or two of the exercises will be aimed at a different reading level, from first-time reader up to fluent reader.
• Writing Stage: Planning Your Story.
• Story Elements: Creating Characters.
• Writing Stage: Setting a Routine.
• Story Elements: Creating a Location or Setting.
• Writing Stage: Writing and Re-Writing.
• Story Elements: Establishing a Problem – the Key to a Plot.
• Writing Stage: Getting Published.
• Story Elements: Atmosphere, Pace.
• Writing Stage: Editing and Production.
• Story Elements: Language – Narrative, Description and Dialogue.
• Promotion and the Writing Business.
• World-Building and Adaptable Concepts.
This writing for children course is suitable for adults who would like to write for children/young adults. To find out more about our writing courses for children and teenagers, please click here for our Creative Writing Course for Children (for 8-11 year olds) or here for our Writing for Teenagers course.
If you have any further queries, you can check out our Frequently Asked Questions or email us at email@example.com
Our next Online Writing for Children Course course starts on 06/02/2018
Pay now with Paypal